Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

THE Terror / Terrorism Thread pt 4 (merged)

What's on your mind?
General interest discussions, not necessarily related to depletion.

Re: Islamic Terrorism

Unread postby ROCKMAN » Sun 08 Jan 2023, 15:49:11

A quick trip down memory lane. Timothy McVeigh stated that he did not believe in a hell and that science is his religion. In June 2001, a day before the execution, McVeigh wrote a letter to the Buffalo News identifying himself as agnostic. Body count in Oklahoma City: 168 souls lost, including 19 children, with several hundred more injured. It was the worst act of homegrown terrorism in the nation’s history.

Obviously, it's those American agnostic scientists we need to keep an eye on. I believe there are a few here on this site. LOL
ROCKMAN
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Plantagenet » Mon 09 Jan 2023, 16:21:11

ROCKMAN wrote:A quick trip down memory lane. Timothy McVeigh stated that he did not believe in a hell and that science is his religion. In June 2001, a day before the execution, McVeigh wrote a letter to the Buffalo News identifying himself as agnostic. Body count in Oklahoma City: 168 souls lost, including 19 children, with several hundred more injured. It was the worst act of homegrown terrorism in the nation’s history.

Obviously, it's those American agnostic scientists we need to keep an eye on. I believe there are a few here on this site. LOL

OK....you are 100% right.

We don't know the motive of the person who attacked the Nevada electrical sub-station and tried to black out Las Vegas and just because he is a member of the Religion of Peace is not a good reason to assume the attack was any way related to a religious motive for the attack.

But it is curious that this story about this attack on our electrical infrastructure has received almost no national MSM coverage, while the dopes who shot up substations near Tacoma Washington as part of a moronic plot to steal a cash register were front page news.

Perhaps when the Nevada case goes to trial the MSM will see fit to actually report on it, and perhaps then we will learn what motivated this young man to attack the electrical infrastructure system in Nevada. After all, he must have a motive of some kind---after all, the nice man planned this out in advance and then carried out the attack-----surely there is a reason for him to do that?

Cheers!
Never underestimate the ability of Joe Biden to f#@% things up---Barack Obama
-----------------------------------------------------------
Keep running between the raindrops.
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Newfie » Mon 09 Jan 2023, 17:25:31

You have a point.
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby yellowcanoe » Mon 09 Jan 2023, 19:51:34

Plantagenet wrote:We don't know the motive of the person who attacked the Nevada electrical sub-station and tried to black out Las Vegas and just because he is a member of the Religion of Peace is not a good reason to assume the attack was any way related to a religious motive for the attack.

The attack was obviously inspired by the original Ocean's Eleven movie. I hope Warner Brothers have a good lawyer!
"new housing construction" is spelled h-a-b-i-t-a-t d-e-s-t-r-u-c-t-i-o-n.
yellowcanoe
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby ROCKMAN » Tue 10 Jan 2023, 15:59:20

Plant: Motive? I know of more than 1 redneck idiot that put a round into a transformer to see what would happen. Just a step up from shotting stop signs on country road. LOL
ROCKMAN
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Plantagenet » Tue 10 Jan 2023, 22:55:01

Yo Rockman.....the motive of terrorists is to cause terror. I thought that was obvious just from their name.

For instance....just today comes news of an Islamic Terror "dirty bomb" plot against the UK.

The Brits just intercepted and seized a shipment of Uranium at Heathrow sent from Iran to several members of the religion of Peace inside England. According to news reports, the uranium was to be used in a "dirty bomb" nuclear terror attack.

heathrow-uraniam-seized-terror-plot

Cheers!
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby theluckycountry » Fri 27 Jan 2023, 16:05:06

Plantagenet wrote:there's been a significant attack on the US grid in Nevada...one that almost knocked out power to parts of Las Vegas, include the Las Vegas strip.

I would view that as a net positive for the "American Project." A city full of whores, drug dealers and organized crime, whose sole purpose is emptying pockets of money that could be productively spent elsewhere.
après moi le déluge
theluckycountry
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Plantagenet » Sat 04 Feb 2023, 12:06:25

theluckycountry wrote: A city full of whores, drug dealers and organized crime, whose sole purpose is emptying pockets of money that could be productively spent elsewhere.

Isn’t every city full of whores and drug dealers? And where do you imagine there is no organized crime?

Let’s get real here….

CHEERS!
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Re: THE Terror / Terrorism Thread pt 4 (merged)

Unread postby Tanada » Fri 13 Oct 2023, 13:32:05

Israelis abroad urged to take extra care on Friday as Hamas calls for ‘day of rage’

Foreign Ministry and National Security Council warn that global rallies in support of Gaza and its terrorist rulers may turn violent, with Israelis and Jews targeted

The Foreign Ministry and the National Security Council issued a joint statement on Thursday evening urging all Israelis who are abroad to take extra care on Friday, citing the Hamas terror group’s call on its supporters worldwide to participate in a “Day of Rage.”

Consequently, the statement warned, there would likely be protests in various countries, that might turn violent, with Israelis and Jews potentially targeted.

Israelis abroad were advised to “show alertness, stay away from protests and demonstrations, and if possible get updates from local security forces about possible protests and incidents of unrest around them.”

Hebrew media reports said security would be upped in Israeli embassies worldwide Friday.

Hamas called for mass rallies in the West Bank, Jerusalem and throughout the Arab and Muslim world. It urged young Palestinians in the West Bank to “rise up and go out in roaring crowds,” and clash with settlers and soldiers in the area.

Get The Times of Israel's Daily Edition by email and never miss our top stories

By signing up, you agree to the terms

It also told Arab Israelis to gather at Jerusalem’s Al-Aqsa compound, atop the Temple Mount, to prevent Jews from “desecrating it” and “building on it.”

Hamas also appealed to Palestinians in the diaspora, as well as “the free people of our Arab and Islamic nation all around the world,” to gather in “the closest point to Jerusalem” — a call it has made since its devastating invasion of southern Israel on Saturday — in order to show their solidarity with the terror group and stop ostensible “Israeli plans to Judaize Jerusalem and Al-Aqsa.”

October 9, 2023. Hundreds of pro-Palestinian protesters gathered at the Sydney Opera House, which was planned to be illuminated in the colors of the Israeli flag following the weekend Hamas attack on Israel, while police advised the Jewish community to stay away. (AP Photo/Rick Rycroft)

The conflict erupted after Hamas terrorists burst through the Gaza border fence and rampaged through the south, slaughtering some 1,300 people, the vast majority of them civilians, and taking at least 100 captives to Gaza.

Gaza’s Hamas-run health ministry said 1,300 in the Palestinian enclave have been killed in retaliatory Israeli strikes. Israel said it is targeting terrorist infrastructure and all areas where Hamas operates or hides and that Israeli forces have killed some 1,500 Hamas terrorists who infiltrated into Israel since Saturday.

As evidence emerged of the brutality with which Hamas terrorists massacred civilians, the organization has attempted to salvage its image in the eyes of the international community, claiming untruthfully and against overwhelming evidence that it did not harm civilians.

LINK
Alfred Tennyson wrote:We are not now that strength which in old days
Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are;
One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.
Tanada
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby Shaved Monkey » Fri 17 Nov 2023, 18:44:00

Queensland Muslims ask for police protection over New Zealand far-right activist’s pro-Israel protest

Destinys Church founder Brian Tamaki says his event will include 200 men performing the haka and a speech from Avi Yemini
Queensland Muslims say they are fearful and have requested police protection after a New Zealand far-right activist scheduled a pro-Israel protest for the same central Brisbane location – but an hour earlier – than a planned pro-Palestine rally on Sunday.

The “Anzacs” rally in Brisbane is being promoted by Brian Tamaki, who is the founder of Destiny Church and has a history of Islamophobic comments.

The location of the pro-Palestine protest has since been moved, prompting Tamaki’s website to boast “the Pro-Palestine/Hamas rally has retreated”.

Susan Al-Maani, a Palestinian woman and member of the Free Palestine movement, said she was worried about pro-Palestine activists showing up at the wrong location.

“I’ve been quite anxious and stressed,” she said. “Our rallies are family events.”

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-n ... el-protest

Avi Yemeni describes himself as a Jewish Nazi
“No matter what the left call us, I am the world’s proudest Jewish Nazi,”
Ready to turn Zombies into WWOOFers
Shaved Monkey
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby yellowcanoe » Fri 17 Nov 2023, 18:49:44

Shaved Monkey wrote:Queensland Muslims ask for police protection over New Zealand far-right activist’s pro-Israel protest

Why are there Muslims in Queensland?
yellowcanoe
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby Shaved Monkey » Fri 17 Nov 2023, 21:17:39

yellowcanoe wrote:
Shaved Monkey wrote:Queensland Muslims ask for police protection over New Zealand far-right activist’s pro-Israel protest

Australia is a Multicultural society
Muslims helped build this country we named the train that goes up the middle of Australia the Ghan after the Afghani camel herders who opened up the route.

The real question is what are extremist Kiwi Evangelic end timers doing in Brisbane with extremist Zionists ?

Whats the symbiotic relationship trying to achieve ?
Ready to turn Zombies into WWOOFers
Shaved Monkey
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby yellowcanoe » Sat 18 Nov 2023, 00:37:30

Shaved Monkey wrote:
yellowcanoe wrote:

Australia is a Multicultural society
Muslims helped build this country we named the train that goes up the middle of Australia the Ghan after the Afghani camel herders who opened up the route.

The real question is what are extremist Kiwi Evangelic end timers doing in Brisbane with extremist Zionists ?

Whats the symbiotic relationship trying to achieve ?

Canada is also a multicultural country. We have a very high immigration rate and a good percentage of our immigrants are Muslim. The Muslims I have met personally are good people though admittedly as I work for a university they tend to be highly educated. However, I feel we need be honest that some Muslim immigrants retain homophobic and/or antisemitic beliefs that were the norm where they originated from. Antisemitism has been on the increase in Canada even prior to the recent conflict between Israel and Gaza. Since our Muslim population is now much larger than our Jewish population there has been the appearance that our politicians have been much more focused on trying to combat Islamaphobia than antisemitism. Our Federal government even tolerates the presence of an organization that promotes the use of terrorism against Israel.

I would like to see Palestinians acquire their own state. Unfortunately, that is an impossibility right now with the current Palestinian leadership. In the case of Gaza, they had that possibility following the Israelis withdrawal in 2005. Hamas lost the 2006 elections but used the fact that they had received the largest share of the votes in Gaza to take control of Gaza. With the Israelis army and settlers gone they could have focused on improving the lives of the people of Gaza. Instead, they focused on trying to arm themselves to continue attacking Israel. That resulted in a blockade on Gaza imposed by both Israel and Egypt. Given that there doesn't appear to be any possibility that Hamas will choose to stop being a terrorist organization, I don't see any option for Israel other than to try to eradicate Hamas and their infrastructure as best they can. I certainly do not support pro-Palestinian demonstrations that either explicitly or implicitly support Hamas's terror attack on Israel.

It's hard for a terrorist organization to either decide to disband or change their mandate. I believe that the Irish Republican Army continued operating well beyond the point where Britain had dealt with the issues that had triggered the trouble in Northern Ireland. Terrorism had become a way of life for its members.
yellowcanoe
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby theluckycountry » Sat 18 Nov 2023, 05:33:29

Shaved Monkey wrote:
The real question is what are extremist Kiwi Evangelic end timers doing in Brisbane with extremist Zionists ? Whats the symbiotic relationship trying to achieve ?

It's all small scale stuff. You get a city of 2 million and you'll always get a few crackpots. The jewish guy could be a mental patient for all we know and his "tribe" only a handful. The media will spin up anything around this current palestine meme. BTW, those afghan herders are not the same as the islamic immigrants from Lebanon and whatnot.

Thankfully though they are small in number and like the sydney riots proved, aussies will rally against them if they try it on. We're still 85% white with the next block the Chinese at 7%. That doesn't leave much room for Indians; Koreans,Vietnamese, sudanese, lebonese, and the dozen or more other races. Canada was the poster-child for multiculturalism with the French and English living together. I'd like to hear yellow canoe weigh in on that.
après moi le déluge
theluckycountry
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Previous

Return to Open Topic Discussion